Over 100 trials - experience you can trust!
For over 17 years, Alicia has been dedicated to helping individuals and companies resolve legal issues. Alicia is currently an attorney at the law firm of Sivyer, Barlow, Watson & Haughey. Prior to joining SBWH, Alicia was an attorney with Kass Shuler, P.A. and Buckley King, LPA.
Alicia’s practice has given her the opportunity to mentor younger attorneys and staff, and even participate in training sessions for clients.
Alicia has tried over 100 cases, and has handled appeals at both the state and federal level.
Alicia’s is authorized to practice before the following courts:
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- State of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
- State of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Alicia has been and continues to be a very active member of the legal community volunteering her time to the betterment of the legal profession. Alicia is an active member of the Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers, as well as the Tampa Bay Inn of Courts. Moreover, Alicia has maintained the following leadership positions throughout her legal career:
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Tampa Bay, President and Liaison to the 13th Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee;
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Bar Leadership Institute Co-Chair;
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Women in the Law Section, Treasurer; and
- Cleveland Association of Civil Trial Attorneys, President, Treasurer & Secretary, and Program Chair.
Alicia has published numerous articles in various publications including the Lawyer Magazine, American Bar Association litigations news, and the Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law.
Alicia has also presented numerous times on various topics ranging from developments in employment law to litigation strategy and diversity.
Alicia has been recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers, and has been acknowledged by the Hillsborough County Bar Association and APABA-TB for her contributions.
The substantive areas of practice in which Alicia has practiced include mass torts, product liability, professional liability, medical malpractice, negligence, subrogation rights, fraudulent transfers, enforcement and defense of restrictive covenants, breach of contract, violations of the Truth in Lending Act, Federal Debt Collection Practices Act, Florida Deceptive Trade Practices Act, Florida Trade Secrets Act, defamation, directors and officer liability, issues related to real property, landlord tenant, replevins, as well as violations of other state and federal statutes and other common law actions.